Rant Image

The Risk

Why Compare and Synchronize Databases?

Submitted by elvin » Mon 05-Oct-2020, 18:19

Subject Area: General

4 member ratings

I'll start with the fact that you can compare and synchronize not only data, but also objects on SQL Server, such as procedures, functions, indexes, and so on, i.e. you can compare the entire schema, the structure of the database. In fact, there can be many reasons why it might be necessary to compare two databases in Microsoft SQL Server, here are some possible scenarios:
Let's say you have several databases with a similar structure, changes to which are not clearly controlled, for example, a test bench and an industrial database.
Or you just need to compare and synchronize the data of two databases, in which there is no replication, but the data was entered into one database, and into the other not.
It is also possible that there are several branches, the databases of which are maintained by local developers who can make ad hoc changes (add / delete a column in a table, create an index, etc.), and when it comes to the fact that the databases should to be absolutely identical, serious problems arise.
It is also possible that you have several absolutely identical databases, but at the same time, for some unknown reason, their performance is different, and in order to find out what is the reason, it is just necessary to compare these databases.

4 Comments 

Member Comments

RE: Why Compare and Synchronize Databases?

Why Compare and Synchronize Databases?

By rakaj » Fri 06-Nov-2020, 23:01, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

People often confuse Big Data with data-based decisions. Big Data is the ability to analyze and double-check large amounts of data from various sources, provided by today's technological advances (such as artificial intelligence). Learn more in The Pros and Cons of Big Data for Businesses https://idapgroup.com/blog/pros-and-cons-of-big-data-for-businesses/ . I also want to note that modern methods of big data management, which make it possible to immediately add a variety of data from hundreds of different points, through reporting interfaces, automatic launch of applications, optimization of data structures, cloud hosting offer perfect big data analysis for predictions and conclusions that improve marketing and sales that reduce costs.

4 Comments  • Page 1 of 4 •         1   2   3   4  » Next

Email to a friend

Email this Risk Statement to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=3%26pstid=7076" alt="Email to a friend" />