Rant Image

The Read

Would we re-sign Dee Ford to a long . Jersey

Submitted by linchao » Mon 25-Feb-2019, 11:49

Subject Area: General

8 member ratings

This week on the AP Laboratory Youth Xavier Williams Jersey , Craig, Matt and I answered a question about what we would do with the EDGE position next year. Would we cut Justin Houston? Would we re-sign Dee Ford to a long term deal? Would we put Ford on a franchise tag? We all weighed in.Craig Stout: “This year has been fantastic for Dee Ford. Meanwhile Justin Houston is hurt and can’t be on the field for what seems like the 30th year in a row. I think at this point you cut your losses, take the $7 million in dead cap. Sign Dee if you can or tag him to keep him in house, that way you don’t have to replace two EDGEs next year.”Matt Lane: “What Dee Ford is doing right now is something you’re not going to get someone to do right away from the draft, even as good as this EDGE class is going to be. What you save cutting Justin Houston technically is going to cover all but a couple million of the franchise tag for Dee Ford. That’s assuming you can’t get a long-term deal. If you can find a way to get a two or three-year deal that he might take because it would allow him to get one more deal before he’s done playing, do it. If not Youth Patrick Mahomes Jersey , franchise tag him.”I lean towards cutting Houston and franchise tagging for Ford for one year. The Chiefs haven’t got much production from their two highest paid defensive players this year and I’m leery of a long-term deal for someone with a back injury history.We talk Sammy Watkins, Ford and give you a two round mock draft to fix the 2019 defense on this week’s episode of the AP Laboratory. If you can’t see the player below, click here.Links: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Art 19 When Kansas City Chiefs general manager Brett Veach spoke to the media on Thursday, he was asked when we would know who was going to be on new defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s defensive staff.“Coach Reid and Steve are working through that right now,” Veach said. “I do think that in the next few days this will all be nailed down and that will be released here soon. I know that they’ve had a lot of conversations with a bunch of different candidates at different positions. Again, they’re still working through some of those things right now Womens Kendall Fuller Jersey , so I’d hate to sit here and throw a number that would be inaccurate, but I do think very shortly this will be all ironed out.”But some information is starting to leak out now.According to a report from ESPN NFL reporter Field Yates, the Chiefs have hired former Jacksonville Jaguars assistant coach Dave Merritt as their defensive backs coach.If you follow AP Nerd Squad member Matt Lane on Twitter, you got a hint that this might be coming late on Tuesday night, when Matt happened on to a curious piece of information on the Internet.Such a tidbit of information isn’t always reliable, but in this case http://www.kansascitychiefsteamonline.com/dee-ford-jersey , it looks like it was.Merritt was with the New York Giants from 2004 through 2017, primarily as a defensive secondary coach.That was his role when Spagnuolo was the Giants’ defensive coordinator from 2007 to 2008, and when he was the DC (and eventually interim head coach) from 2015 through 2017.After that, Merritt spent a season with the Arizona Cardinals, and another with the Jaguars — in both cases as a defensive secondary coach.No word yet on what this means for the future of secondary and cornerbacks coach Al Harris or defensive backs coach (and Chiefs legend) Emmitt Thomas.

9 Reviews 

Member Reviews

RE: Would we re-sign Dee Ford to a long . Jersey

dream symbols

By Gerardo » Thu 31-Aug-2023, 00:54, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

In the ongoing debate over whether or not to re-sign Dee Ford to a long-term contract, it's crucial to consult the proverbial dictionary of football wisdom. Evaluating Ford's performance, injury history, and potential impact on the team's future success requires a comprehensive examination of all available data and insights from experts, ensuring that the decision aligns with the team's strategic goals and financial considerations.

9 Reviews  • Page 1 of 9 •         1   2   3   4   5  …9 » Next

Email to a friend

Email this Read to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=2%26pstid=931" alt="Email to a friend" />