Rant Image

The Read

Carolina Panthers T-Shirts

Submitted by linchao » Wed 03-Jul-2019, 12:08

Subject Area: Quality

0 member ratings

The Panthers’ rookies received national attention for their notable performances this past season."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomPanthers’ Donte Jackson and D.J. Moore named to ESPN’s all-rookie teamNew Carolina Panthers T-Shirts ,51commentsThe Panthers’ rookies received national attention for their notable performances this past season. ESTShareTweetShareSharePanthers’ Donte Jackson and D.J. Moore named to ESPN’s all-rookie teamESPN’s all-rookie team included not one, but two members of Carolina’s 2018 draft class. Despite a disappointing 2018 campaign, the Carolina Panthers have displayed a plethora of promise for the future. Rookies Donte Jackson and D.J. Moore have a lot to do with that. They were selected to ESPN’s all-rookie team, which featured talents such as Saquon Barkley, Baker Mayfield, and other rookies who performed well on the big stage in 2018. Moore and Jackson were on that list, not as honorable mentions https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/hats , but as front-runners. That says a lot about their performances for our Panthers this past season.Donte Jackson is “like that!” (as he says...) Jackson was overlooked as he was selected 55th overall in the second round of the 2018 NFL Draft. The rookie cornerback played with a huge chip on his shoulder, and his performance this season displayed that. Jackson had 74 combined tackles, four interceptions, and one forced fumble as he started every game for the Panthers. He lead all rookie corners in interceptions this season.Watch as he takes a Drew Brees interception to the house on an attempted two-point conversion:D.J. Moore also exceeded expectations with his rookie season. Moore was Carolina’s first pick in last year’s draft, so he received high expectations almost immediately after he was drafted. Luckily, his on-field performance didn’t disappoint. He had 788 receiving yards and two touchdowns, along with 172 rushing yards. And let’s remember this: Cam Newton’s shoulder injury prevented Moore from having more opportunities on deep routes. Imagine the damage Moore can do once Cam is back at one-hundred percent. It’s exciting to see that there’s “Moore” potential waiting to be unleashed. Watch Moore display his tremendous athleticism as he takes this catch for six against the Falcons:Which rookie do you think had the better season Carolina Panthers Hoodie , Panthers fans? Share your thoughts with us! Everything’s gonna be okay, folks."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomPanthers 2019 NFL DraftThe Carolina Panthers drafting Will Grier is not the end of the world, or the end of Cam Newton’s time in CharlotteNew,28commentsEverything’s gonna be okay, folks.EDTShareTweetShareShareThe Carolina Panthers drafting Will Grier is not the end of the world, or the end of Cam Newton’s time in CharlotteYou’re probably aware by now that the Carolina Panthers used the No. 100 overall pick in the NFL Draft last night to select quarterback Will Grier. I’m sure you are also aware that the Panthers currently have a 29-year-old franchise quarterback named Cam Newton. Putting those two pieces of information together, I’m sure you’re probably thinking anything from ‘Well Ryan Kalil Color Rush Jersey , that’s gonna be awkward.’ to ‘Oh god, what have we done?!’.I’m here to tell you something: Slow down, take a minute and breathe.Everything’s gonna be okay, y’all. The Panthers didn’t draft Grier to create a quarterback controversy or to shove Newton unceremoniously through the door. They drafted Grier as a backup plan in case Newton’s shoulder isn’t completely ready to go before the season begins. A backup quarterback, in other words.This is gonna be hard to read, but stay with me here: Drafting a young quarterback to be Cam’s back up makes perfect sense. Cam Newton is 29 years old and has had shoulder surgery twice in the last three years. He has two years left on his contract, and when that contract is up he will be 31 years old. Now Luke Kuechly Color Rush Jersey , I’m not saying that the Panthers are going to kick him out of the building when his contract expires. I’m not saying that they don’t want to pay him. I’m just saying that they are giving themselves a backup option in case something else happens to Cam’s shoulder, or if the organization feels that giving him an additional five-year, $200 million contract when he’s 31 is untenable. Smart NFL teams always have a plan. Sometimes that plan may not make sense at the time, but it’s always a good idea to be prepared in case something bad happens. In the past when something bad happened to a Panthers quarterback, our options were to start Chris Weinke, David Carr, Matt Moore C.J. Anderson Jersey , Vinny Testaverde*, Brian St. Pierre, Derek Anderson, Garrett Gilbert, Taylor Heinicke and Kyle Allen.To be clear, I’m not suggesting that teams should have to keep two All-Pro quarterbacks on the roster at all times just in case something happens. And yes, when a franchise quarterback suffers a season-ending injury it’s expected to see the team struggle to win games Russell Color Rush Shepard Jersey , but that doesn’t mean that teams should just put random JAGs on the depth chart and hope for the best. The Panthers made a decision last night to draft a backup quarterback at a good value. There’s a chance that Grier never takes a meaningful snap for the Panthers because Newton’s shoulder is 100% healed and he returns to his 2015 MVP-winning form. There’s also a chance that Grier has to start 13 games because Cam’s shoulder is not ready. But there’s also an in-between that isn’t being discussed — there’s a chance that Grier has to start a game in Week 8 and another game in Week 15, or that Grier has to come in and play the second half in a close game. That’s what the Panthers are preparing for, and getting arguably the third best quarterback in this draft class at the bottom of the third round is a tremendous value.I’ve said this once already but in case you forgot I’ll remind you: Everything’s gonna be okay, y’all. There’s no quarterback controversy, and there’s no reason to freak out just yet. Stay the course, and as always — Keep Pounding. *- To be fair, Testaverde was like the 27th quarterback they called that year. He doesn’t really count because their next option was to let random fans take snaps.

0 Reviews 

Email to a friend

Email this Read to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=2%26pstid=1739" alt="Email to a friend" />