Rant Image

The Read

The Sweetest Sound

Submitted by clawdefine » Mon 08-Jul-2019, 05:14

Subject Area: Quality

4 member ratings

Life has been challenging for 10-year-old Cadence Mariah Jolly ever since her mother disappeared to pursue her musical dreams. As Cadence desperately yearns for her missing mom, she nurses her own musical and literary dreams in Sherri Winston’s heartfelt novel.

In a book brimming with musical allusions, Cadence lives in Harmony, Pennsylvania, and plans to become a “No.1 Bestselling Author of Amazing Stories.” Meanwhile, not even her family or best friends realize that she’s a gifted singer like her mom. Cadence—so shy that people call her Mouse—is trying hard to summon the gumption to change that.

Opportunity presents itself through youth choir auditions at Cadence’s lively, bustling church. Winston weaves occasional biblical references throughout the novel but still manages to create a story for all creeds and colors—a rare feat indeed. Too timid to audition in person, Cadence posts an anonymous video that soon goes viral, with news outlets vying frantically to identify the mysterious “Gospel Girl.” Ultimately, Cadence faces the agonizing choice of being true to herself or betraying one of her best friends.

Winston has a superb knack for creating intriguing middle school relationships, natural dialogue and an entire village of believable, multicultural characters. The Sweetest Sound is a deftly written saga that reads like a small symphony.

Gun Mayhem is an extremely interesting flash format shooting game developed by Kevin Gu. The game is designed with 10 maps starting from prehistoric context to modern times. The player's task in this game is to destroy all enemies by shooting them down! Very simple, isn't it! Let's start the adventure now!

5 Reviews 

Member Reviews

RE: The Sweetest Sound

re

By anonymous » Sun 26-Apr-2020, 03:42, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

Nice post you have shared and very informative also. Well, I love writing and I hope one day I will also start writing these types of articles. But today I am busy in some other work and now I am looking for get more and more knowledge about these writing skills. Actually, we have to develop these types of skills and I am working on this.

5 Reviews  • Page 1 of 5 •         1   2   3   4   5  » Next

Email to a friend

Email this Read to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=2%26pstid=1796" alt="Email to a friend" />