Rant Image

The Rant

University library

Submitted by anonymous » Sun 20-Feb-2022, 17:08

Subject Area: General

1 member rating

University library

Seeing the list of literature required for the study of any academic discipline, students begin to hiccup it in the library of the university as a last resort. It's so out of date - a classic library, in the age of information technology and global networks. Let librarians read their own paper books paper writer, and advanced students download everything online, saving time.

But is it? Is the university library really a useless anachronism today? To answer this question, let's try to consider all the pros and cons of this unit, which is available in any university. And at the same time sort out some false ideas about the power of the global web.

Why does the library take up so much space

In any educational institution, several huge rooms are allocated for the library. This is due to the fact that the book fund has a large volume. Textbooks, workshops, reference books, laws and codes, magazines and other publications take up a lot of space. After all, their number should be enough for all students, even if they think that it will be easier to write an assignment for me find the necessary information on the Internet.

Each teacher closely monitors all emerging book novelties in his field, this is part of his work. According to the teaching requests, the book fund is formed. Moreover, manuals written by the teachers themselves for their students also end up on the shelves. Morally and materially obsolete literature is written off, but all the same, library collections grow year by year, requiring new premises.

This fact alone indicates that the classical library is not going to give up its positions under the onslaught of modern technologies and successfully competes with other sources of information. Its main goal is to help students gain the necessary knowledge without leaving the walls of the university. And in the least laborious way. Do not agree? Let's make sure this is true.

Reliability of information

So, a common situation: you need to prepare a report, write an essay or term paper. We open any search engine, drive in a request, get a bunch of sites, select and copy information. Ready in just a few minutes, and in the library you will have to spend more than one hour. You can relax and unwind.

But only later, in class, it may turn out that the information found has long been outdated. This is especially true for law students, who need to keep abreast of the latest changes in laws. Or it turns out that the text corresponding to the request was written only to draw attention to the site, and has a very distant relation to reality.

The result is wasted time and an unsatisfactory grade. Because the teacher, if he is conscientious about his work, will immediately understand https://paperwriter.pro/buy-mba-essay that the student's knowledge of the topic tends to zero, and will react accordingly. So you still have to study the recommended sources, but to the detriment of other tasks.

One might argue that one can find books on the Internet that are quite trustworthy. And do the work using the information from them. It really is. But for this you need to have your own knowledge, which may simply not be enough to recognize the author’s dishonesty or the unreliability of the information provided.

In the university library, the chances of stumbling upon such a source are much less. If only because the books entering there are tested not only by teachers who recommend purchasing them, but also by the Ministry of Education.

The new school year. Where to begin?

How to start the school year

How to start the school year part 2

HOW TO PREPARE FOR STUDY

HOW TO PREPARE FOR STUDY PART 2

1 Comment 

Member Comments

RE: University library

New

By anonymous » Mon 21-Feb-2022, 21:19, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't always know how to write. And I'll admit that I still have a lot more I want to learn. The fact is, everyone who wants to be a writer needs to learn how to write. https://lga-consulting.net/2022/01/21/654/

Email to a friend

Email this Rant to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=1%26pstid=15535" alt="Email to a friend" />