Rant Image

The Rant

A National Medical License May Ease Canada’s Doctor Shortages

Submitted by anonymous » Mon 13-Mar-2023, 14:59

Subject Area: General

7 member ratings

It won’t end the pronounced shortage of physicians that’s plaguing many parts of Canada. But the Canadian Medical Association has an idea that it thinks might help.

Its proposal seems simple: a single medical license that allows doctors to practice without restrictions anywhere in the country. But like many ideas in the fractured world of Canadian federalism, introducing it is a daunting task.

I spoke with Dr. Alika Lafontaine, the president of the medical association, who practices anesthesia in Grande Prairie, Alberta. While he acknowledged that the idea of a single medical license had been promoted on and off over two decades with no success, he said he was confident that the widespread turmoil and staff shortages in the medical system that emerged during the pandemic might mean that its time has finally arrived. my hr kp

99 Comments 

Member Comments

RE: A National Medical License May Ease Canada’s Doctor Shortages

pomol

By rot » Thu 05-Sep-2024, 04:02, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

I am typically to blogging i truly appreciate your site content. This great article has truly peaks my interest. Let me bookmark your web blog and keep checking for brand spanking new info. 슬롯

99 Comments  • Page 1 of 99 •         1   2   3   4   5  …99 » Next

Email to a friend

Email this Rant to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=1%26pstid=26684" alt="Email to a friend" />