Rant Image

The Rant

Testers, beware of managers saying nice doggie

Submitted by Cicero » Sun 26-Feb-2012, 12:39

Subject Area: Testing

Keywords: diplomat

9 member ratings

I was unit testing some software on the test floor the other day when I started receiving visits from people Tom Clancy calls "management pukes". Men in suits. They were uttering diplomatic silver tongued phrases like, "how's the testing ... going forward ... really value your input ... just like you to know you are on the critical path right now ... anything we can do to help just let us know".
I'd never met most of these guys before and suddenly they're vitally interested in my welfare?
A bit suspicious if you ask me. What's going to happen when I am off the critical path. I guess they'll go back to ignoring me in the hallway. This reminds me of my collection of diplomat jokes.

The definition of diplomacy is saying 'Nice doggie, nice doggie' until you can find a stick. - Will Rodgers

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell and have you quite looking forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnet

A diplomat is a person who can work effectively with someone they despise. - Anon

Anyway I got paranoid about the stick and figured out a way to stop them interrupting me. Every morning I send them a spreadsheet with a progress report. That did it! These guys love paperwork.

44 Comments 

Member Comments

RE: Testers, beware of managers saying nice doggie

thanks

By xetheki » Wed 17-Apr-2024, 13:13, My rating: ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭ ✭

The betting playground is gradually becoming more vibrant than ever with a series of bookmakers from all over. Here, hb88 bookmaker emerged as a central game hall that was warmly received by players across the country. Click here to go to the website Readmore: nạp tiền hb88

44 Comments  • Page 1 of 44 •         1   2   3   4   5  …44 » Next

Email to a friend

Email this Rant to a friend

%0ASee:%0A http://www.chambers.com.au/forum/view_post.php?frm=1%26pstid=187" alt="Email to a friend" />